This is a course designed to help students enhance their knowledge and understanding of how Internet tools enable firms to digitize, informationalize and transform their operations and marketing practices for enhancing their efficiency and competitiveness. The course also aims to develop students’ critical and analytical skills in terms of how firms can manage and address the threats and the opportunities continuously arising from internet based technological advances.
The course covers the following topics:
- E-Supply Chain Management;
- e-commerce business models;
- website design and functionality;
- e-distribution and e-sales;
- e-marketing tools and applications;
- search engine optimisation and search engine marketing;
- e-market research;
- e-customer relationship management;
- web analytics and metrics for measuring e-commerce effectiveness;
- internet supported new product development;
- Web 2.0 tools and social computing applications;
- collaborative commerce and social commerce e-business models.
With the successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- understand and forecast the impact of Internet technologies;
- identify and design the strategic and operational implementation of successful e-business models;
- exploit the Internet tools for designing and implementing e-marketing;
- develop creative ways for exploiting customers’ participation and resources on the Internet;
- and exploit Internet tools for developing and maintaining relationships with customers.